Health In The New Year With Dr. Hidalberto Curnow, Virtua Health
Marisa Magnatta speaks with Dr. Hidalberto Curnow, Primary Care Physician with Virtua Primary Care. They discuss goal setting for health in the new year, including weight loss, healthy eating, and exercise.
We all want to be healthy, but we just don’t know how to get started. A lot of us fall victim to lofty goal-setting in the new year. This mindset leads a lot of people to feel lost. Sometimes, changes for your health seem too hard to tackle. Hopefully, this conversation with Dr. Curnow will help with that! He breaks down weight loss and diet changes in an easy-to-comprehend way.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What tips would you give to someone who is trying to live healthy in the new year?
- In terms of losing weight, what’s a safe and healthy weight loss goal?
- What are your thoughts on fad or trendy diets? What does a healthy diet look like to you?
- So let’s say I’m totally new to exercising, where should I start? Or, how much should I exercise each day?
- In your opinion, what are the best exercises? Should I focus on cardio, strength training, or a little bit of both?
- When it comes to food, what are some pro tips for eating healthy, losing weight, or even feeling fuller?
- What foods would you recommend I avoid?
- Beyond preventing sickness, what role can my doctor play in helping me achieve my goals?
- And to that point, in terms of preventative care, what appointments should I schedule in 2024?
Find out more at Virtua Health.