Recognizing Heart Attack Symptoms In Women With Dr. Hafeza Shaikh, DO, FACC, MBA, Virtua Health
Nicole Michalik and Marisa Magnatta speak with Dr. Hafeza Shaikh, DO, FACC, MBA, Virtua Health. They discuss heart attack symptoms in women.
In most cases, it is known that the heart attack symptoms we know of may present differently in women. It is important for women to understand exactly what may or may not be a symptom so they can get care as soon as they need it. Heart attack symptoms in women tend to not be common knowledge. This chat will hopefully help you to better understand and feel prepared in the event of an emergency. Above all, this discussion covers general heart health and how to prevent heart attacks.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- What happens to your heart during a heart attack?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a heart attack?
- They say women may experience different symptoms. What should women look for?
- If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, what is the best course of action?
- How can I keep my heart healthy and avoid a heart attack?
- When should I seek care from a cardiologist?
- If I have heart disease, what can I do now?
Find out more at Virtua Health.