Andrew R. “Drew” Duffy excels at representing catastrophically injured plaintiffs in construction accident cases, product liability cases, and premises liability cases in Pennsylvania , New Jersey and around the country. He has successfully handled high-profile and high stakes cases involving major collapses, falls from scaffolding, steel, and roofs, industrial plant accidents, fires, defective products, explosions, tractor-trailer/automobile accidents, and other preventable events.
Drew’s outstanding trial skills have been nationally recognized. Drew has been admitted as a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers (IATL). Formed in 1954, the IATL is recognized as the most prestigious organization of plaintiff and defense trial lawyers in the world. Through an extremely rigorous vetting process, which includes both peer and judicial review, the IATL offers invitation only admission to certain truly elite trial lawyers who have achieved a career of excellence, demonstrated superior trial skills, and possess outstanding character, absolute integrity and consummate professionalism. The IATL limits Fellowship to only 500 active trial lawyers in the United States. Drew joined SMB President Robert J. Mongeluzzi as another SMB trial lawyer to receive this tremendous honor.
Drew is an annual recipient of Philadelphia Magazine’s peer-selected, top 5 percent “Super Lawyers” of Pennsylvania. He is also rated “AV Preeminent,” the highest possible rating, by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell attorney peer review process. Drew was also named one of the “Top 100” lawyers in Pennsylvania and “Top 100” lawyers in Philadelphia.
Drew has appeared on Fox News, Good Day Philadelphia, CBS 3, NBC 10, KYW, and other news outlets to act as a legal expert and to discuss cases he is handling. Drew has achieved numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including:
- $160 million in a food truck propane tank explosion with over $69 million going to his severely burned client;
- $150+ million recovery in connection with a major transportation disaster;
- $124 million verdict in a wrongful death case (the largest contested verdict in a single personal injury case in Pennsylvania history);
- $48 million confidential settlement in connection with a factory explosion;
- $24 million recovery in a Construction Fall Case (one of the largest recoveries for a single construction worker)
- $17 million settlement in the Philadelphia Duck Boat tragedy; and
- $16.3 million settlement for a union Ironworker whose leg was amputated because shoring failed at a Philadelphia construction project.
Drew has a proven track record of multi-million dollar recoveries in highly complex cases.
Drew also has a distinguished military service record, serving as a senior defense attorney for the Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG Corps). In recognition of his JAG Corps trial skills, Drew was presented the New York City Bar Association Award for Trial Advocacy.